c.o.l.l.a.b.o.r.a.t.i.n.g...p.i.x.e.l.s

Monday, April 17, 2006

Before the Rains Came


I kept my eye on this fantastic cloud formation during my entire drive home from work last Thursday. It was one of those gigantic cottonball-type clouds with lots of great details. By the time I arrived home, got my camera and hopped on my bike to head for the trails, the rainclouds had moved in and covered the cotton-puff. Dammit. I stopped anyway and snapped some photos of the seagulls flying around, for the first time playing with the continuous autofocus on my D70s to get the photo above. After that I headed into the woods on my mountain bike and I kid you not, the moment I got to the far end of the trail, at the farthest point I had planned on riding from my house that day, the sky opened up and I was caught in a torrential downpour, complete with lightening bolts flying everywhere. Luckily I had brought my Lowepro bag with me and the camera stayed dry as I pedaled my ass off down the dirt path that instantly became a muddy river. The joke was on me though, by the time I got to the beginning of the trail, the sun was back out, the clouds were gone, and a glorious rainbow filled the sky. Unfortunately my entire body was caked in mud, so I chose not to extract my camera from its safe lodging inside my mud-covered bag, to snap a photo.

1 Comments:

  • Great in black and white Ryan, goregeous sky! Olivia

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home