c.o.l.l.a.b.o.r.a.t.i.n.g...p.i.x.e.l.s

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Goose Egg, Part I

Goose Egg, Part I
This pair of Canada Geese laid an egg on a dock that floats around on a piece of property my wife and I share with eleven other families. It was originally in a nest on the dock, but the nest was basically a circle of leaves and an old t-shirt. Well, this egg rolled off the dock I guess. Another egg has since appeared in the nest and I will post a photo of that one tomorrow. These geese are not very good nest-makers. I checked the other day and half their nest had blown away. I had to put the egg back in what remained because it was about to roll off the dock like the first one...

2 Comments:

  • You should change your caption. They are properly called "Canada Geese" ....
    which means Goose of the north. They are not Canadian by any means. The are Connecticut geese. Damn I am an Audobon dork. Nice Pics -- my favorite from your series is the egg itself on the leaves althought the mother goose's reflection in the water is quite calming and mystical. Olivia

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:33 AM  

  • Fixed. Thank you Olivia!

    By Blogger Ryan, at 8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home